Monday, December 18, 2006

spirited away

My co-worker's father passed away recently and he told me about a story that happened to his mom the day before the funeral.

His mom suddenly awoke that Friday morning at the time her husband would usually wake up in the mornings and saw a black butterfly fluttering around in her room. The butterfly started flying and she decided to follow it out into the hallway and when it turned the corner into the living room, it disappeared. She then walked into the kitchen where her husband would usually make his morning toast and saw another butterfly, this time it was black with white spots. It fluttered around and eventually disappeared as well.

I told my mom about this story and apparently after my mom got home after my grandmother's funeral, my mom saw a bright orange butterfly at our kitchen window, fluttering and perching on the window over and over. My mom looked at it, smiled, and said goodbye, and it flew away. My mom said that sometimes the spirit comes back in the form of a butterfly to say one last goodbye. I guess life, and death, holds many wonders...

No comments: