Thursday, March 10, 2005

click...

My dad called me today. I had missed his call so I called him back. I hear someone pick up but there was just background noise, kind of like when someone accidentally calls your phone. I say "hello" three times and no one answers and I finally hear a click. He hung up on me. I then receive a voice message with the same background noise - not really a voice message I guess. I call him once again and he says he was trying to leave me a message. LOL.

This how the conversation went:

Dad: Hey, I know you're not coming home this weekend, so when you come home next weekend...

Me: (Interrupting him) I don't think I'm coming home that weekend either because I'm moving that weekend.

Dad: What?! You're not coming home that weekend either?! I need you to bring your computer home so I can borrow it and see if the TurboTax will work on your computer!

(Side Note: We've been having these problems getting all the updates for the TurboTax he bought - I have to say I hate TurboTax now with a passion!)

Me: Why? We have the same computer. Why would you think it would work on mine?

Dad: Your uncles said to try it! Fine, you don't want me to borrow your computer?!!! (he says this in a yelling tone) Fine!!! (yelling again)

And then I hear a click. He hung up on me AGAIN. WHAT THE??? And this time, it wasn't the kind of LOL kind of hanging up on me. It was the "what the ****!?" kind of hang up. I really don't understand parents, or maybe it's just mine...

No comments: