Monday, March 07, 2005

"filing party"

We had a "filing party" at work today...

You know it's time to look for another job when you start having "filing parties" at work. I guess you could consider it a small party since our boss DID buy us some snacks to munch on - some cookies and a fruit platter. Who does this?

There comes a point where you have the urge to pick up and leave because there is this point where you've just had it. I've hit that point a long time ago and it just came and gone. I've lost that drive - the drive to look for something else, the drive to find something I REALLY want to do. I never pictured myself in the mortgage industry but that's where I ended up. It was one of those jobs that was the only option after college since there was nothing else available. And it's been about two years. I can't say that I hate my job because I don't. We're always busy and the day flies. The perks are great - leaving early at the end of each month, free Laker tickets, free In N' Out. But still, I feel like there's something missing. I feel like I settled somehow and maybe I did because it was the practical thing to do. I always question myself on whether or not I can do more - with finding a job a I'd like, with feeling a sense of self fulfillment, with expanding my social circles. I know the answer to all my questions is a "yes," but where do people get that drive to actually do it?

No comments: