Tuesday, May 24, 2005

The Golden Girls plus one

I was waiting to pick up my order of sandwiches this weekend at a Mr. Baguette near my house when four old women, all with short permed hair and wearing long floral gowns walked in. They stood out because they were all Caucasian in a predominantly Asian store. They all walked in not knowing where the line to order was since there was no real line that was formed. One of them almost tripped over the pole that was placed to indicate where the line began, so she quickly turned around to notify her companions that the pole was there and that they should be careful not trip over it. It was cute. It was one of those moments that made me smile. It was like the Golden Girls plus one, but in a weird way, they kind of made me think of Sex and the City and how those women could have been the "old" version of Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte, and Miranda. That made me smile even more. I just hoped that one day, when my friends and I are all old, that we would go out to random places like that and enjoy life like we would have if we were young.

No comments: