Wednesday, June 08, 2005

pleasantville

I was driving home today and I felt like I was in a car commericial. It was like I was driving through the perfect neighborhood where cute little kids came out of their houses to ride their bikes in the evening, where people were out jogging after a day of work, and where people were out walking their beautiful golden retrievers. They were on almost every street corner I stopped at, at every house I passed on my block. I drove into the driveway of my complex with the beautiful purple flowers falling off the tree forming a sea of purple on the ground. It was a little weird seeing all of this while Frou Frou was playing in the backgroud. It was like one of those surreal events where things pass by you so quickly you don't even know what really happened because it seemed so fake. And then I got home and everything just snapped back to normal, but I kind of wished it didn't for a while longer. I kind of liked being in that fake little bubble for awhile.

No comments: