Tuesday, May 03, 2005

hmmmmm...

I recently found out that an ex-co-worker of mine has a case at an immigration law firm my friend works at - weird how small this world is. He's getting married to a young Asian girl, one year younger than me, but mind you, he's probably about twice her age. They're applying to get her a green card - hmmmm.

He was one of those guys at work that all the women loved to hide from. He was not bad looking, but he was arrogant and self absorbed and very closed-minded. He'd frequently invite himself to lunch with random people and when that wouldn't work, he'd ask people out to lunch instead. He had a track record of asking all (well most of) the Asian women at our work out to lunch while they would try and make excuses not to go with him.

There was this one incident where my friends (a girl and a guy) and I were in the car, ready to leave for lunch. (Earlier that day, he had asked my friend (the girl) out to lunch, but she said she had brought her food and she'd be eating with us, which was true at the time, but we all changed our minds and decided to go out instead). Next thing you know, while backing out, he appears next to the car, opens the door, and hops in, inviting himself to come with us (damn, how I wish we just drove off or at least locked the door). At this point, how could we refuse? He was already sitting in the car! Anyway, one of the conversations we had went something like this:

Ex-co-worker (directing question to my Asian girl friend): So have you had any other jobs before this one?

Girl Friend: Yea, why?

Ex-co-worker: Because I know that a lot of Asian people don't really work until they graduate from school.

Girl Friend: What? I've had a lot of jobs before this one while I was in school (and she went ahead and pretty much listed her resume to try and disprove his theory).

At this point, I was sitting there thinking "Great, we have to have another one of these conversations with him." The next thing you know, while I was sitting there trying to eat my food, he leans over and wipes my mouth with a napkin. According to my friends, I had a look of horror on my face, trying to back away from him, wondering what the hell he was doing wiping my mouth - can i just say eeeewww! Who does that?

Example #2 of what conversations are like with him:

Ex-co-worker: So what school did you graduate from?

Another Girl Friend: ASU, why?

Ex-co-worker: Just wondering. What was your major because isn't that school really easy?

Girl Friend: I had two majors, *blank* and *blank* (I don't really remember what she said they were).

Ex-co-worker: Oh really? Well those are really easy majors and your GPA was probably not that high huh?

Girl Friend: No, I actually had a 3.9 and graduated with honors.

Ex-co-worker: Oh, well I graduated from...(I don't remember what school he said, but he went on and on about how smart he was and how much better his school was).

Yeeea, so see what a catch he is? So I wasn't surprised when I heard he was marrying that girl. The sad part is that I can't believe he found someone before I did!

No comments: