Tuesday, July 12, 2005

burning down the house

So I came home one Sunday night aorund 9:30PM and Rich was the only one there, sitting at the dining table with his laptop. I go into the kitchen and noticed that he had his meet marinating out on the counter, so I asked, "You didn't eat yet?" He replied, "No, I'm waiting for the rice to cook." I asked "When did you cook it?" He said, "Around 8:00." I then proceeded to walk over to the rice cooker because it can't possibly take and hour and a half to cook rice. The rice was cooked, and had been for probably about an hour on the "keep warm" button. So I told him...he said "Shit! I wonder how long it's been like that! There's no green button to say that it's ready? Man, I'm starving too!" He then started to scoop the rice but it was a little mushy cuz he had put too much water...you should have seen the look of disappointment on his face.

He then started to cook his steak and I hear "Oh shit!" while I was standing at the sink. I turn around to discover that the pan was on fire and before the fire could burn anything else, he pulled the pan off of the stove and started to blow out the fire with his mouth, which surprisingly worked. He almost freakin' burned our house down! And he said "That was cool!!! It was like I was a real chef!" I responded with, "No, that wasn't cool man. You almost burned down our house!"

Guys...and this one doesn't even really live with us...

1 comment:

Eddie Liu said...

Guys huh?...I resent that. I think I can cook. I know I can bake haha. Good luck living with him. Kick him to the curb asap.